On 01/27/2016 09:05 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> I don't really understand your position -- on one hand you don't want to
> remove "useful" functionality, even though the concat protocol is IMO
> borderline-useless. OTOH you are quite fine with breaking applications
> by adding restrictive defaults.

I'm a user of "concat" for creating lossy access-copies of segmented
lossless archival files.
This is done in one step, integrated in an automated mass-digitization
workflow.

Following the discussion, I wanted to ask what the preferred alternative
is, to concatenate multiple files together - in one step - if "concat"
is removed?

The documentation currently only lists streamable formats (like MPEG),
and the usage of pipes [1].

Thanks,
Pb