On Sat, 19 Mar 2016, Anton Khirnov wrote:

Quoting Martin Storsjö (2016-03-18 13:01:40)
Since all URLContexts have the same AVOptions, such AVOptions
will be applied on the outermost context only and removed from the
dict, while they probably make sense on all contexts.

This makes sure that rw_timeout gets propagated to the innermost
URLContext (to make sure it gets passed to the tcp protocol, when
opening a http connection for instance).

Alternatively, such matching options would be kept in the dict
and only removed after the ffurl_connect call.
---
Suggestions on how to do this better are welcome.
---

FWIW this looks reasonable to me.

I'm not entirely happy about it, e.g. the fact that in most cases, you pass "h->protocols, h" as the last two parameters. But in e.g. rtsp.c, just passing the parent pointer wouldn't work. So I guess it's ok, in case you find it useful enough to pollute this function with yet another parameter.

// Martin