On 26/08/16 09:48, Diego Biurrun wrote:
I'm with j-b on this one.  If the filter is optional, it will be left
out in 99% of cases.  It sounds like you are optimizing for a rare edge
case and sacrificing ease of use and better quality in 99% of cases for
it...

I see those general problems:

- You might have the hdcd bits stored in ape/flac/whatever
- You discover them after probing for a quite long time
- You can have false positive

On top we do not really have a generic mean to probe for signature after-decoding and wire in a secondary decoder automatically.

User-wise probably is better to have a filter instead of having to uncompress to pcm and then feed it back.

lu