On 06/03/2017 10:43, wm4 wrote:
> Isn't OpenCL technically provided by the driver, which makes the
> licensing questionable, but is usually not an issue because it's
> considered a system-provided thing?

There are multiple OpenCL implementations, usually they are provided by
the driver, platform-specific AND version specific.

There is an [abstraction][1] provided by Khronos that distributions
might or might not use instead of directly link a specific
implementation directly, the [headers][2] are anyways always provided.

We might want to support the extension if available I guess.

[1]:https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-ICD-Loader
[2]:https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-Headers

lu