On Fri,  9 Jun 2017 12:07:59 +0300
Martin Storsjö <mar...@martin.st> wrote:

> When targeting the UWP API subset, the LoadLibrary function is not
> available (and the fallback, LoadPackagedLibrary, can't be used to
> load system DLLs). In these cases, link directly to the functions
> in the DLLs instead of trying to load them dynamically at runtime
> instead.
> ---

I guess I agree with this, since the only reason to dynamically load
the DLLs is for compatibility with older (non-UWP) systems.

The ifdeffery is still a bit heavy though. Would it be reasonable to do
the following:

1. Put all loading into an init_once function,
2. Load the DLL functions into global (static) variables,
3. Never unload the DLLs (this doesn't help anyway, other than exposing
   various driver bugs)

Then the d3d11va_device_create() code would still look relatively clean.

Anyway, feel no objections to this patch, my suggestion can be applied
later if there's agreement.