----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Bradshaw" <mbrads...@sorensonmedia.com> To: "This list is about using libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil,libavdevice and libavfilter." <libav-user@ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Libav-user] Why does av_seek_frame() not seek to a keyframe?

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Don Moir <donm...@comcast.net> wrote:
I see this has been reported as ticket #1575 but why this is reported as an
enhancement and not a bug, god only knows.

This should not be a documentation issue and in my way of thinking, its a
bug. We don't need gray areas like this and the frustration just gets passed
on to everyone.

Yeah, I added a comment a day or two ago to the bug saying that maybe
it would be better to force seeking without AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY in an mpg
file to fail. I'll close it as invalid and open a new bug (with the
status of defect).

Ok, closed 1575 and opened 1607: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1607

Feel free to add any additional input you may have to that ticket.

Thanks,

I think requiring AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY just side tracks the issue and could break some apps. I added a comment to ticket 1607.

The way it works now is slightly broken and not convienent to work around but its close. It does seem like it should be more or less busy work to get it working probably. I say busy work because I think the seek code would need to be specialized somewhat to work in this case rather then using the generic seek code. I am guessing a bit.