Carl Eugen, Thanks for the info. This is what I wanted to know.

-----Original Message-----
From: libav-user-boun...@ffmpeg.org [mailto:libav-user-boun...@ffmpeg.org] On
Behalf Of Carl Eugen Hoyos
Sent: 20 November 2012 11:12
To: libav-user@ffmpeg.org
Subject: Re: [Libav-user] ffmpeg H.264 decoding

Malik Cissé <mc@...> writes:

> My question:
> The decoding goes very fast and CPU usage is low.
> Can I guaranty same performance on similar CPU’s?

I may misunderstand the question, but decoding is a deterministic process (if
that is what you want to know).
General system load and other factors that are very difficult to foresee in
real life of course affect decoding speed.

> Is any Hardware acceleration (mmx, GPU, DXVA, etc) used to decode the
> frames?

SIMD (mmx) optimizations are hopefully used on CPUs that support it, hardware
decoding is only used if you explicitly requested it.

Carl Eugen