On 6/21/2013 2:39 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Mark Stevans <mark39518@...> writes:

when I said "core-dump", I don't mean an actual
core-dump on disk.  I'm running under Windows 7
here, debugging with WinDbg....

gdb works fine on Windows (7), it would also allow
to produce a useful backtrace (and disassembly and
register content) for a recorded stream.
(You are probably right that it may not be possible
to cut the stream.)

Carl Eugen

I spent days trying to debug earlier bugs with Windows GDB, but couldn't get decent stack traces -- I tried every possible debugging flag and symbol format to no avail. I'm now building FFPlay with Visual Studio, so GDB isn't an option anymore, sorry....

MLS