The ffmpeg 2.0 version of libavformat\aacdec.c now contains some reference to APE. In includes apetag.h and calls ff_ape_parse_tag(). It did not do that in ffmpeg 1.2.

When I tried to upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0, I found I had a link failure. When I compile ffmpeg for my own purposes, I usally disable most demuxers and decoders. In particular, I disable APE, but enable AAC. With FFMPEG 1.2, that worked fine. With FFMPEG 2.0, ffmpeg fails to link unless I enable the APE demuxer.

For the time being I can use --enable-demuxer=ape when I configure.

I wasn't sure if this was intentional and now aacdec formally depends on APE, or if it was an oversite.

--Johno