I recently upgraded to the latest master and found a bunch of functions marked as deprecated. Mainly all the avcodec_decode* functions. Albeit deprecated it seems no code is yet using the new api ( avcodec_send_packet, etc). Also, I understand st->codec is now replaced by st->codecpar as a future change of the api. The new send/receive encoding/decoding api warns that it is not compatible with the previous functions. I could not find any use of the new api in either ffmpeg or ffplay. I wonder how should I proceed for my program. Should I stick with the latest master or settle on a release/3.0 version for example? Also, how will zeranoe proceed? I would not like to support two versions of the api in different OSes.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarr...@gmail.com