In my open source project voukoder I am using libav/ffmpeg (branch 4.0) for
quite some time now. Now I switched to master and I have a strange effect
where I am not sure where its coming from.

Whenever I user FLTP as sample format and mux it with whatever codec and
muxer (i.e. x264/aac => mp4) the audio is pretty much distorted. It also
seems to be affected by the video time base. With 1/120 it is pitched up
alot and with 1/60 it is quite normal, but distorted. With S16 it works
fine.
With branch 4.0 everything is okay.
Are you certain that the number of samples per packet of audio is the same
between input and output? If you are trying to put 1536 samples per packet
to 1024 then that will distort audio for sure.

Kind regards,
Strahinja