Hello folks,

I'm in the process of writing an audio/video streamer for the Apple II, and
have made good progress thanks to how powerful libav* is.

There is a part I'm not super happy with, and it's the subtitles handling,
which I currently do the easy way, with a subtitles filter in the chain. The
problem I have with that is that the dithering to monochrome makes them quite
ugly.

I would love to blit subtitles onto the frames from a fixed-point font by
myself, but I can't find any example of how to handle AVMEDIA_TYPE_SUBTITLE
streams in the documentation, and Google does not help a lot.

Would you have any pointers I missed to help get me started?

Thanks in advance,
--
Colin
https://colino.net/