Does all QSV codecs have this issue? Can you share a encoded bitstream by your
app?

Thanks
Fei

On Sun, 2024-06-30 at 10:01 +0000, Daniel Stankewitz wrote:
Hello,

Since I have switched my app from libav* / FFmpeg 6 to 7 I have noticed some
issues with the Intel QSV HEVC encoder (NVENC works fine).

When I exported a video with a length of min. 6 minutes and I play it with i.e.
MPC-HC I experience a long seek time when jumping through the video. The later
the point I seek to, the longer it takes. Just like it has to crawl through the
whole file until it finds the right frame.
This didn't happen with libav* from  FFmpeg 6. It also doesn't happen when
using the FFmpeg 6 or 7 CLI, only when I encode a file using libav*. Does
anybody have any idea what this could be?

Thanks,
Daniel