Hi,

I'm not familiar with Dev-Cpp. If you want to use the libdbi Cygwin binaries,
you have to make sure that:

1) Cygwin is installed properly. I'm afraid having cygwin1.dll on your system is
not sufficient

2) You actually create a Cygwin program. If the compiler used by your IDE
attempts to build a native Win32 application, it is most likely not going to
work.

Now, if you have Cygwin installed, you should either call dbi_initialize() with
NULL, or with the path in Unix notation ("/usr/local/lib/dbd"). The drivers
will only load if the Cygwin versions of the client libraries of the database
engines are installed.

If you don't intend to use Cygwin but want to build native Win32 app, you should
try to compile libdbi and libdbi-drivers using the MinGW compiler used by
Dev-Cpp. It is unlikely that the Cygwin binaries will do you any good in this
context.

regards,
Markus

Iván Cruces <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:

--
Markus Hoenicka
[EMAIL PROTECTED]