Hi,
I was just testing a program I'm making that uses libdbi. My test was
with an sqlite database.
I came across the following problem:
When a query contains a newline (\n) instead of space on certain
positions dbi_result_get_field_type_idx always returns DBI_TYPE_STRING.
An example of such query:
"SELECT def.*\nFROM def\nLEFT JOIN def_derivation ON
def_derivation.child=def.id\nWHERE def_derivation.parent"
Avoiding newlines and using space instead works around the issue.
However, a newline in an SQL query should be treated as any other
whitespace and the behaviour should not be different.
Regards
    Brecht Sanders