Quoting "DeLuca, Samuel Louis" <samuel.l.del...@vanderbilt.edu>:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any way of compiling libdbi without a dynamic loader?  If
> not, is there any reason why it would be a bad idea for me to write
> a patch to make it possible to dynamically link in drivers instead
> of using dynamic loading?

Hi,

at this time there is no such option. The benefit of dlopen()ing the
drivers instead of linking them in is that you don't have to recompile
libdbi in order to install drivers. This makes it convenient for
package or port systems to ship individual drivers separately from the
library. I can't judge though whether your idea is technically feasible.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka