Is the Office of Social Innovation and Civic Engagement going to
revived in the second term?  Is it working with "Engage?"
If so, I think it might be an interesting connection for this list.
But at any rate, I think the call for innovation would probably have
to originate from this list and others like it.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Yosem Companys <compa...@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Agreed. I meant if there was something specific in terms of a call for
> innovation, hackathons, and things of that sort.
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Doug Schuler
> <doug...@publicsphereproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to think that "liberationtech" would include "grassroots citizen
>> efforts."
>>
>> -- Doug
>>

>> On Nov 9, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Yosem Companys wrote:
>>
>> Did anyone just watch the Obama press conference?
>>
>> CNN mentions that Obama is going to reach out to grassroots citizen
>> efforts to help him solve US problems during his term.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether this extends to the use of liberationtech?
>> Perhaps Micah has heard something to that effect?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Yosem
>> --
>>

>> Douglas Schuler
>> doug...@publicsphereproject.org

>> Public Sphere Project
>>      http://www.publicsphereproject.org/
>>
>> Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution
>> (project)
>>      http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/
>>
>> Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
>>      http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601
>>

>> --

Lina Srivastava
--
linasrivastava.com  |  twitter  |  linkedin