I can't speak to the point about interception, but it should've absolutely
been noted that Skype is susceptible to malware attacks:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/06/darkshades-rat-and-syrian-malware

-Jillian

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Eric S Johnson <cra...@oneotaslopes.org>wrote:

> Alternatively, since (like OTR) no Skype communication is known to have
> ever been successfully in-line-intercepted, the question might be one of
> priorities: what cybersec weakness has most often resulted in compromise of
> an activist?****
>
>      --hard drive isn’t encrypted, computer’s confiscated****
>
>      --software’s not patched, user’s hacked****
>
>      --user clicks on attachment, is infected by malware****
>
> … if our goal is mitigating dangers activists face, those are probably
> worthwhile targets for our assistance.****
>
> ** **
>
> I can’t speak for Skype (or any other company), but if I were a
> software/service provider, I too would be very circumspect about claims
> about the level of security provided, else if/when a vulnerability’s
> discovered, issues of liability arise.****
>
> ** **
>
> PGP<http://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0xE0F58E0F1AF7E6F2>
> ****
>
> ** **

US: +1-857-891-4244 | NL: +31-657086088
site:  jilliancyork.com <http://jilliancyork.com/>* | *
twitter: @jilliancyork* *

"We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
seemingly impossible to become a reality" - *Vaclav Havel*