Rapidly means several days to a week for google.com. We (Cyberspark.net) watch
the Google.com SSL certs (not gmail) and it takes at least a few days as they
roll new certs onto multiple IP addresses (round robin DNS). I have only
monitored this for the last two years, but it's been the same both years. I
have never understood why they don't or can't deploy the new certs more
rapidly, and it does set off repeated alarms within our systems. But as long as
they are valid and properly signed we just watch and smile.

DNS rotates the address for Google.com among a number of IP addresses, and they
don't update all of those servers at the same time, so it appears to our
monitors as "thrashing" back and forth between the old and the new certs.

I wonder if anyone in the group knows whether there's any good reason they
should or shouldn't push new certs on all machines at the same time?

(Nick -- would like to see what you have online, but won't blast thru a
certificate warning. Perhaps you have it somewhere else.)

-Sky