Si and I signed hope everyone does!!

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:58 AM, A.Cammozzo <a.cammo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kirsten,
>
> good initiative!
>
> In my opinion it would be a nice idea to invite the UE Parliament to
> follow the UE Art. 29 WP recommendations, esp. regarding face recognition
> and video surveillance[1], mentioning the dangers of biometric data in SNs.
> Considering the visual re-identification of people in real world through
> uploaded photos and face recognition the report says: <<[...] equipping
> video surveillance systems and smartphones with facial recognition systems
> based on social network databases could put an end to anonymity and
> untraced movement of individuals.>> (p.2)
>
> TagMeNot.info  sent an open letter[2] to UE institutions back in 2011,
> asking for a "clear and well-balanced regulatory framework that could
> preserve citizens from privacy intrusions, while also providing the
> Internet industry with a consistent and transparent privacy policy
> environment in which citizens confidence, technology research and business
> can thrive".
> Of course TagMeNot.info is glad to sign!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alberto Cammozzo,
> TagMeNot.info founder
>

> [1]  Open Letter to EU privacy institutions, and replies: <
> http://tagmenot.info/content/**open-letter-eu-privacy-**institutions<http://tagmenot.info/content/open-letter-eu-privacy-institutions>
> >

> [2] ARTICLE 29 DATA PROTECTION WORKING PARTY Opinion 3/2012 on
> developments in biometric technologies:
> <http://ec.europa.eu/justice/**data-protection/article-29/**
> documentation/opinion-**recommendation/files/2012/**wp193_en.pdf<http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2012/wp193_en.pdf>
> >

> --
> http://tagMeNot.info
>

> On 01/25/2013 10:01 AM, Kirsten wrote:
>
>> Dear all,

>> data protection reform, European Digital Rights (EDRi), Bits of Freedom
>> and Privacy International  drafted a statement
>> (http://brusselsdeclaration.**net/ <http://brusselsdeclaration.net/>)
>> geared towards Members of the European
>> Parliament and European governments, demanding of them to protect our
>> privacy instead of listening to industry lobbyists.
>>
>> You are of course all very welcome to sign if you haven't done so
>> already. Please e-mail to s...@brusselsdeclaration.net. We will process
>> all incoming e-mails as soon as possible.
>>
>> Best,
>> Kirsten

Lisa M. Brownlee, Esq.
Mexico
Skype:  lisa.m.brownlee
lmbscholar...@gmail.com
lmbconta...@yahoo.com
Author's website at West Thomson
Reuters<http://west.thomson.com/store/authorbio2.aspx?r=4889&product_id=15033039&aurec=2000017572Auth>
About my Law Journal Press
treatise<http://www.lawcatalog.com/product_detail.cfm?productID=15196&setlist=0&return=search_results&CFID=20088542&CFTOKEN=b6ddabf982b888e4-2F42CE2A-B3D2-E07B-503BCB3A910E5EEC>
Facebook: Lisa M
Brownlee<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/profile.php?id=1691642784&sk=info>

Author of:

Intellectual Property Due Diligence in Corporate Transactions: Investment,
Risk Assessment and Management (West Thomson Reuters)

Assets & Finance: Audits and Valuation of Intellectual Property (West
Thomson Reuters)

Federal Acquisition Regulations: Intellectual Property and Related Rights
(Law Journal Press)