They're agile about their coverage. ;-)

-Ali

https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/phil-zimmermann-we-really-really-dont-have-keys-020513

---
The other thing that Silent Circle doesn't do is hold any user encryption
keys, not even for a second, because the keys never pass through the
company's servers. The crypto operations are done on the client side.

That's an important point, because it prevents the company from having to
deal with any demands from law enforcement agencies looking for encryption
keys.

"We really, really don't have the keys," he said. "This is for serious
people in serious situations. I think probably it's not a good idea to
trust crypto software if they don't publish the source code. It's not just
[to look for] back doors, but what if they screw up and make a mistake?"

Silent Circle also has secure email and text apps. The company has
published the source code for its VOIP app and plans to do the same for its
text app next week. Zimmermann said that there is no chance that the
company will include any back doors or law-enforcement access mechanisms
for its products.

"We're not going to build in any back doors in our service. I've spent my
whole career on the principle of no back doors, so I'm not going to start
now. One thing we won't do is cave in."
---