Forward from the guardian project listserve:

Oh wait, it already is! Thanks to new DMCA regulations.

If we get 100,000 petitions on the White House petition site, Obama has
to make a statement about this issue. The good news is that *there are
already 88,457 signatures*! The bad news is that *there are only a few
days left *to reach the goal.

YOU can take a stand against making rooting phones a crime. Register and
sign the petition here - http://wh.gov/yA9n. I mean, you want to be
more like *Vint Cerf* and *JP Barlow*, right? Well they're on board
<http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/02/mobile-unlocking-petition/>.
For more details, check out this article in the Atlantic
<http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/01/the-most-ridiculous-law-of-2013-so-far-it-is-now-a-crime-to-unlock-your-smartphone/272552/>

At Guardian Project we seek to ensure that everyone is as secure and
private as they want to be when using their phones. Attempts at
installing cops in our phones are a disservice to human rights the world
over. Thanks for listening and doing your part.

In solidarity,-

Mark

P.S. You're at the bottom and haven't signed yet? Click here to get to
100,000 <http://wh.gov/yA9n>!

--_
@mbelinsky <https://twitter.com/mbelinsky>| guardianproject.info
<https://guardianproject.info/>| phone: +1-347-466-9327| ostel: 1003 __|