On Tue Mar  5 13:18:34 2013, Nadim Kobeissi wrote:
>> So could Wickr be used by an activist in Syria who is worried about
>> enemy spies and Assad's regime? Sell has no doubts — she answers that
>> question with an unflickering "yes."
>
> Not good.

It would be neat to be able to respond to something like this with a
challenge: "If you're so sure, promise to do x if someone using it is
subject to y based on real-time or at-rest circumvention of your
technical protections."

Essentially, short circuit this "military-grade encryption" BS.

I don't know what x or y should be... seems like x should be something
like "shut down shop" or "donate a large amount of money to
(something)". Y could be imprisonment, death, coercion... not sure.

best, Joe