Thanks for sharing Melissa. Around 27% of Internet users in China use the
Qihoo "Safe Browser". After the man-in-the-middle attack on GitHub in China
just over a month ago, we made some tests accessing websites with invalid
SSL certificates in different browsers. The Qihoo browser shows a green
check suggesting that the website is safe (
https://en.greatfire.org/blog/2013/jan/china-github-and-man-middle). I also
noticed how, when installing the browser, Qihoo attempts to add a range of
other software. And, even without browsing, it starts sending data to lots
of different IP addresses. Investigating what is sent to where is on our
list of things to do.

Martin Johnson
Founder of GreatFire.org | FreeWeibo.com | Unblock.cn.com
PGP key <https://en.greatfire.org/contact>