The strain on server argument and the list server filtering argument seem silly
to me (I doubt any configuration other than allowing very large attachments
will substantially impact the server and Mailman does redundancy filtering
quite well if you allow it)... and I'm on lists where forwarding requires
manually removing email addresses and that seems to mostly work.

Again, I'm happy to go either way, especially of there has been a formal
poll... but I'm on a slew of "decent mailing lists" and none of them do this,
primarily to avoid useless email traffic and embarrassment but also to avoid
misconfigured precedence:bulk responses.

best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Senior Staff Technologist