We voted on #2 because that was the issue Joseph Lorenzo Hall raised (see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/liberationtech@lists.stanford.edu/msg03767.html).
 He specifically asked for the following:

Has the possibility of reconfiguring libtech to not reply-all by default
> been
> broached? Maybe I'm the only one that trips over it so often. best, Joe

FYI, the list settings are configured as follows:

>   (1) Should any existing Reply-To: header found in the original message
>       be stripped?  If so, this will be done regardless of whether an
>       explicit Reply-To: header is added by Mailman or not.
>
>        - No
>
>   (2) Where are replies to list messages directed?  Poster is
>       *strongly* recommended for most mailing lists.
>
>         - This list

Best,

Yosem