What type of technical error could have caused this?

Thx
On May 8, 2013, at 10:55 AM, Rafal Rohozinski wrote:

The SecDev's Syria Operations Group detected 60 of 67 net blocks returning  at
1600 hrs. local time. Connectivity is restored in most major cities and
governorates with the exception of those with damaged infrastructure (see
embedded map).  Circumvention systems are back online.

Sources in Syria suggest that the blackout may have been caused by a technical
error rather than intentionally.

Further info at: https://www.facebook.com/Syrian.DS

Rafal

On May 8, 2013, at 10:50 AM, Enrique Piraces