Eugen Leitl <eu...@leitl.org> wrote:
> A ZByte facility (e.g. like the one in Utah) can store about
> 10^10 years worth of audio (2 kByte/s with a modern codec),
> or about 1.4 year worth of audio for every human currently
> on the planet.
>
> So forget the metadata, of course they store it along
> with everything else.

  For me, it's less about Verizon as a specific example, and more
about the fact that all mobile carriers store this data.  In fact,
they frequently retain it for years, so if three years from now
someone subpoenas your AT&T metadata, they have a realistic idea of
where you were and who you were with.  (Or at least that is the case
for most people).

  In the age of "National Security Letters" and other warrantless
warrants, it's even more concerning.

~Griffin