On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 03:10:36AM +0200, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 15.06.2013 02:18, Guido Witmond wrote:
> > The original analysis read to me:
> > "We face severe problems that might lead to civil unrest. We need more
> > population control, whatever the price. Now we also have civil unrest
> > due to the population control. We need even more funds."
>
> How does "population control" come into this, and what do you mean by it?

Identify potential troublemakers well before the fact, and shortlist
them for realtime tracing and total telco tap so that you can see what
is brewing, and how to remove them from circulation, if required.
Identify patterns of trouble early, in realtime.

None of it is specific to the US, Germany is doing it as well.
Specificially you should assume you're a target of lawful (or less
lawful) telecommunication intercept.