On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:40:23 -0400
Bruce Potter at IRF <bpot...@irf.org> wrote:

> in a nation of 300 million, and a global system heading for 10
> billion, I don't see it.

I didn't mean decoupling everybody at once. I am talking about
loosening our dependance on them by introducing systems by the people
for the people that would make at least the base needs of food and
shelter available to people.

Obviously this would be really small at scale, at least at first.

You could for instance form a small community with the goal of
providing shelter and food for everyone in an automated way.
You wouldn't even need to declare your independence from the government
or anything but just build it in parallel.

If this at some point actually gets to the point where it works
efficiently, it could simply be scaled up.