----- Forwarded message from Matthew Bailey <matthew_bai...@mac.com> -----

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:47:50 -0700
From: Matthew Bailey <matthew_bai...@mac.com>
To: technoprogress...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [tp] NSA flag terms

I am pretty impressed by the list. But probably not why people would/might think

And I am also sure that it is neither complete, nor the only list. Nor is it
probably real.

But…

Usually things like this come in pairs.

You have keywords that flag a communication for extra attention, and then
another list that then looks for additional keywords that focus on specific
subjects dealing with the keywords that are flagged.

In addition there will be a set of grammars checked against to see if the
language in the flagged communication matches any known set of communications
(people have things in their writings that tend to signal consistent authorship
- as an(some) example(s), people might notice that I have a tendency toward
parenthetical asides, using pairs/combinations of words separated by slashes <-
as I just did, or by using flexible noun-predicate tense with the use of
parenthetical plurals, as in: "as an(some) example(s)").

And the list is hardly huge.

The list keyword we use at work at UCLA (Prof. Francis Steen's Cognitive
Communication's Lab) to look for syntagmatic signaling in newscasts is at least
a hundred times longer than this list.

In other words, this is just a small bite of a list, or a fabrication made to
give people something to get hysterical over (I am going to guess the latter).

MB

----- End forwarded message -----