From: Steven Clift <cl...@e-democracy.org>

At E-Democracy, we need a "go to" person who can answer strategic
questions about what you can and cannot do with Facebook.

In general, we need our open source open gov/civic tech apps/site to
reach more people via Facebook so we don't end just having to use
Facebook completely to actually engage with folks and therefore lose
tons of control over the democratic nature of the features we need.

Long story short, our *open source* platform's atom feeds feed
Facebook Pages we set-up manually and we allow people to simply pull
their Facebook information over when they register. We don't use
Facebook login, or give people the option to cross-post their public
forum comments automatically to their wall. We want to explore that
and other ideas you might have for Facebook integration.

As an intergenerational project, many 20 somethings are saying they
want to interact completely via the Facebook interface and the over 50
crowd say we love email, don't take that option away.  We believe in
connecting all neighbors in a unified experience. So, we have lots of
questions about what is even allowable under today's Facebook terms.

Suggestions on people to connect with?

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.org
  Twitter: http://twitter.com/democracy