On 06/22/2013 08:40 AM, Walid AL-SAQAF wrote:

> I have been asked to explain how four mechanisms of censorship
> circumvention work using some sort of analogy that any layman could
> understand. I proposed the analogy of surfing the Internet as traveling
> and firewalls as ticket inspectors checking where you are going as
> described below.

One variation on this transportation analogy that we have used at the
Tibet Action Institute is the idea of knowing who or what is in the car
on the road, or not.

We speak of jeeps or public buses, vs private cars or limousines.

In this way, we try to explain encryption as what information is
revealed (the type of car, the destination, the license plates, etc),
and what is not (how many people in the car, what the car is carrying in
the trunk, etc).

Keep up the great work!

+n