> It is huge and a strong burden on transatlantic relations, a game
Do you really think that such large scale intercepts are possible without full
knowledge and cooperation of key people in politics and industry?

Of course not, Eugen! They all know it.  But now there's proof.  Tangible
documents stamped Top Secret. And there's a witness, Snowden, who plainly
details it in front of a TV camera. And in a fairly articulate way.  And then,
they see the US administration going on tilt due to that.  Mr. Kerry and others
want Snowden's blood.  Even threatening other nations, Russia, Ecuador.  Before
that it was all hearsay. Some politicians for a long time only licked on the
edges of the Tony Bunyan report telling the world about Echelon.  It was all
illusive, probably true, but then still illusive; no real meat for politicians.
 Now they know for sure that it's true beyond their wildest imagination.  And
now they're all sharpening the knives.....

>Lack of surprise to such "revelations" is quite telling.
Lack of coverage in state sponsored media also tells you something. Lack of
interest in the general population tells you that they're getting away with it.

I don't think the U.S. is getting away with it.  I have heard powerful voices
in Brussels and Strasbourg on simply halting the free trade initiative until
the entire action is stopped and everything gained has been destroyed under
impartial supervision. Now, do you see that happen?

===
Rob Frei