Google: CLG News 'does not comply with Names Policy' by Lori Price,
www.legitgov.org 02 Jul 2013 NSA buddy Google will not allow CLG News on
Google+. After receiving countless promos at from Google to set up a 'Google+'
account, I clicked to 'upgrade' to Google+. Google requested I select a
different name, even though my Gmail address -- established years ago -- is
clgnews at gmail dot com. When I declined to select another name, Google
presented the option to 'click to appeal' to use CLG News as the owner for CLG
News on Google+. On 28 June, I received an email from Google, which included
the following comments.

After reviewing your appeal, we have determined that your name does not comply
with the Google+ Names Policy. We want users to be able to find each other
using the name they already use with their friends, family, and coworkers. For
most people this is their legal name, or some variant of it, but we recognize
that this isn't always the case, and we allow for other common names in Google+
-- specifically, those that represent an individual with an established online
identity with a meaningful following.

CLG News, in fact, has a HUGE and 'established online identity with a
meaningful following,' although NSA buddy Google doesn't 'see' that. Or, maybe
they do, and that's the problem... See also: NSA buddy Google wants me to
change my name, declaring 'CLG News' is 'too long' for people to remember by
Lori Price 09 Dec 2012.

http://www.legitgov.org/Google-CLG-News-does-not-comply-Names-Policy

http://www.legitgov.org/NSA-buddy-Google-wants-me-change-my-name-declaring-CLG-News-too-long-people-remember