On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 07/15/2013 11:45 PM, Catherine Roy wrote:
>>
>> As a member of the HTML working group and the Restricted Media community
>> group, my experience is that discussions within these groups surrounding the
>> EME draft have been extremely frustrating.  The same scenario as with Jeff
>> Jaffe's blog post has happened there. The whole thing has been rather unreal
>> and this recent post[1] from a Restricted Media mailing list member sums up
>> my feelings about how futile the whole exercice has been.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-restrictedmedia/2013Jul/0190.html
>
> It seems like there are two fronts-- one, which you address by jettisoning
> EME in freedomhtml, and another which is to keep member organizations from
> standardizing software/hardware on EME.  Is there any way for the current
> members of all the working groups to put pressure on the WC3?

Is there any point to messaging the draft's editors directly?

http://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/

If you delivered a thousand copies of the Hollyweb petition a day, you
could do it for nearly a month before running out of individual
signers [2].  That'd be nearly 75k letters between all 3 drafters.

2: http://www.defectivebydesign.org/oscar-awarded-w3c-in-the-hollyweb