On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 12:44:58AM -0700, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Hello again, people of liberationtech.
>
> Nobody replied to my missive. Perhaps it was Too Long; Didn't Read!
> But I wanted to mention to you that I subsequently talked to some
> young programmers at DefCon. I told them that my claim is that
> LeastAuthority.com's S4 is proof against PRISM-style indiscriminate
> surveillance, but not proof against targeted surveillance. They
> suggested: why not call it “PRISM-proof” then? Good idea! I might do
> that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn
>
> Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Representative
>
> https://LeastAuthority.com

I'm a bit reticent to accept "spy proof" and even specifically citing
PRISM seems either too specific or not general enough.

When I read your post initially I was thinking "more like dragnet
proof." If the "spies" really want you, malware could really put a
crimp in the integrity of your trusted node.

While your audience right now is probably mostly technical it probably
won't always be and on that basis I worry slightly that "spy proof"
sets less savvy users up for (potentially) unreasonable expectations
about the security properties of the system.

I think maybe emphasizing how the intervening network and storage
provider need not be trusted might be the most straightforward.

--
http://twitter.com/maximus_freeman
260D 9167 F8D9 3913 3564  E571 7D96 4D33 6114 2ACF