For those who are not aware, Norwich University is a military academy here
in the United States.  This is why I thought the "swords into ploughshares"
quip was particularly apt, besides it being drones into mesh.  It's
students using the toys they sell in the student union.

But sure.

SN

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Julian Oliver <jul...@julianoliver.com>wrote:

> ..on Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 03:36:19PM -0400, Shava Nerad wrote:
> > Swords into plowshares, anyone? ;)
> >
> > http://www.norwich.edu/about/news/2013/080913-wifiDrone.html
>
> Several people have done this and IMO the outcome is equally ridiculous. I
> prefer my AP to have more than 30 minutes uptime. I also sometimes use
> 802.11
> services when it's windy and/or raining.
>
> Google's balloons are a more practical approach, as are solar powered
> meshed APs
> in weather proof boxes:
>
>     http://www.wired.com/business/2013/06/google_internet_balloons/
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Julian Oliver
> PGP B6E9FD9A
> http://julianoliver.com
> http://criticalengineering.org
> --
> Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
> Persistent violations of list guidelines will get you moderated:

Shava Nerad
shav...@gmail.com