IMHO, it seems like a needless duplication of effort.

Tor alone is pretty good at circumvention. It has a couple flaws - it's slower than a simple VPN, and obtaining bridges can be a bit of a challenge if you're in a regime that's actively blocking access.

But the Pirate Browser doesn't seem to attempt to solve either of these issues.

-Greg