Haven't "hackers" always been portrayed in a way to scare people? * If it's not
dDoSing script kiddies, its zombie network owning Latvian mafias..

If this *is* the case, how can General Alexander go to Blackhat 2013 and say
(paraphrasing) "we (CIA) use the same tools as you do. Help us protect America
by teaching us rad haxoring skills."?

*: I still have a problem with the incorrect use of the word hacker here..but
it's already passed into common usage.