Is Bangladesh going to a new era of "Digital Darkness"? Freedom of the net
will not only be questioned but also be punished. According to the new act,
law enforcement agencies can arrest any person without a warrant.
Previously we have seen, persons were taken into custody for sharing status
against political decisions in Social Media and blogs. Now, we might see
some more from the new act. You can find the news below -

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/ominous-draft-cleared-by-govt/

Thanks

Hasib

*Hasib Ahsan*
*Senior Program and Research Manager *
*mPower Social Enterprises Ltd.*

*ICT Head of Operation (Project Manager), *USAID Agricultural Extension
Support Activity Project (2012-2017)
*Project Manager, *WaterAid mobile based Programme Management Information
System (mPMIS)
*Project Manager, *mLivestock intelligence for Shiree (DFID, UkAid)
*Senior Program Manager, *iStrategy Limited (Rockefeller Foundation
e-Health project with GoB)

*Cell:* +8801711076753
*Skype:* nadeem_hasib
*Website:* www.mpower-social.com
--
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: