This sounds a nice idea.

There was a similar idea (in its early stages) presented at SOUPS 2013
(Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security) earlier this year. [1]

It was called "Device Dash: An Educational Computer Security Game" presented by
Era Vuksani. Unfortunately the Era's thesis is not available just yet (May
18th). [2]

The game was built around the player being a sysadmin in charge of a network.
As the sysadmin managed the network, more devices (authorised and unauthorised)
were added, and the admin had to react. As the user advanced s/he had access to
better tools (firewalls, switches, IDS devices) to better manage the network.

It looked fun and educational.

All the best,
Bernard

[1] http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2013/program.html