Starting a new thread - it's related but a slightly different topic.

Despite having several devices with fingerprint scanners, I've never used one.

With the release of iPhone 5S and all the discussion around it, I'm
curious if fingerprints on file with various Law Enforcement agencies
could be printed out or otherwise used to unlock devices detained at
border crossings or during other investigations?

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
  http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

  Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
  http://www.pirateparty.ca/
--
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: