On 21.10.2013 01:53, coderman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Jerzy Łogiewa <jerz...@interia.eu> wrote:
>> Is it possible to randomize wifi MAC of Andorid phone on power up?
>
> this works for most wifi devices if you have root; just modify init
> scripts to ifconfig hw ether a random mac (you can do this in shell).

'ifconfig wlan0 hw ether' is working well on my Linux laptop.

But it does not work at all with any of my (many) Android devices. I
usually see "SIOCSIFHWADDR: operation not supported" and I am unable to
connect to any AP until I reboot and try again with the original MAC
address.

Has anybody ever successfully changed the MAC of, say, a Galaxy Nexus
device?