IANAL, but it seems to me that if the judge does not call the lawyers into
chambers for consultation, there is no period of commentary on sentencing,
or adjustment period.

If the plea is innocent, then the sentence can be appealed through a trial
at a higher court -- however, Hammond opted due to the rather excessively
abusive CFAA law which would have put him away for 35 years for a guilty
plea for ten years.  This means he had to live with the judge's ruling
which had this "side car" of court supervised idiocy tagged on -- which
actually made me immediately think that the judge had read up on Kevin
Mitnick's trial and was trying to sound like he knew something he didn't.

Couldn't stick with the ten years, had to piss on it, pardon my crudeness.

Feh.

Shava Nerad
shav...@gmail.com