Heya Robert,

Apologies if the initial email wasn't clear. The purpose is a survey to
map the space. The listed projects are merely projects publicly known to
be developing secure email technology. As such, they have been invited
to volunteer their time to complete the survey. Our commitment is to
solicit survey submissions, compile the results, and report the results
publicly. Our goal is to increase public knowledge.

OTF does not have a specific secure email support initiative. That said,
supporting tools that increase communication safety -- such as secure
email -- are definitely within our remit. For instances, OTF directly
supports LEAP and Mailvelope.

You can see all OTF supported projects, past and present, publicly on
our website:
https://www.opentechfund.org/projects

OTF is entirely a publicly funded program. Support is given from the US
Congress in an appropriation bill each year. That and a whole lot more
about OTF, including an annual report detailing our income and expenses,
is publicly available on our website:
https://www.opentechfund.org/about

As for the other listed projects, I do not know how they support
themselves. They would be the right folks to ask.

All the best!

--
Dan Meredith
pgp 0x36377134