Hi Fabio,

Quoth Fabio Pietrosanti (naif):
> A frequent thinking is, how can we "troll" the surveillance industry
> with unconventional methods?
>
> A very nice, yet controversial, way could be to improve Opensource
> Surveillance Technologies.

OK, at best this would succeed in shrinking the surveillance
industry, due to being primarily for support and training, rather
than licensing. But what you're really enabling is easier and more
effective surveillance, so overall I can't imagine a scenario based
on this tactic where the amount of surveillance and censorship was
reduced.

Your email reads like a troll of the list, frankly, but regardless,
the topic is related something I have worried about myself; I work
on free OCR software that I know is being used in surveillance
programmes.  It isn't something I am happy about, but I decided that
I should continue to work on the software, as it's useful and
important outside of the world of surveillance too.

Nick