Sure, it's clear you're not looking for a constructive outcome, just crying
foul. I get that. In my experience contacting service providers works
wonders. But you have to actually be motivated.

I understand now that you mean it is "technically" censored, ie blocked on
some devices. I'm more interested to know what the cause was, and whether
it was due to malicious intent. Your initial email starting this thread
implies malicious intent, yet you don't seem to have either A. done the
research to determine that, nor B. be requesting support from others to
understand and resolve the issue. It smacks of ridiculous privilege and a
disconnect with the real risks and impact of censorship on people all over
the world, folks I work with directly, as do many others on this list.
Therefore, yes, it might seem a bit condescending that I responded that way
to your somewhat ridiculous post. Of course ISPs censor content,
particularly if the site is rightly or wrongly listed as a source of
malware. I don't think that is unusual at all.

I'm interested in an open and free internet, and reducing improper
censorship. For that reason, I've reached out to @ATTCustomerCare on
Twitter to request further information. I'd encourage anyone else on this
list who is interested to see Liberte unblocked should do the same.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Maxim Kammerer <m...@dee.su> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Brian Conley <bri...@smallworldnews.tv>
> wrote:
> > Have you contacted AT&T support? Crying censorship is a bit early in this
> > case don't you think?
>
> I use “censorship” as a technical term, and it is a fact that AT&T
> censors the hoster's IP block. Also, it is not too early to claim
> censorship, as the AT&T forum link above shows, since the problem
> persists for a while. I also don't see a reason to contact AT&T, as I
> am not their customer, and evidence points to the company ignoring
> even the customers. In addition, I must say that I am not particularly
> moved by some US citizens not being able to access the site, so there
> is also a lack of motivation. Does the above address your
> condescending message in sufficient manner?
>
> --
> Maxim Kammerer
> Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte
> --
> Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations
> of list guidelines will get you moderated:

Brian Conley

Director, Small World News

http://smallworldnews.tv

m: 646.285.2046