And, whether it's a Thunderbird bug or an Enigmail bug, Gmail emails have a tendency to be sent (typically unencrypted) during draft autosave. So that's fun.

Thunderbird makes me think of Mutt's slogan from 1995 - "All email clients are terrible. This one is just less terrible."

~Griffin

On 2014-04-28 03:25, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
Il 11/24/13, 2:19 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) ha scritto:

I just wanted to notice that the mostly used encryption software
like
GnuPG and Enigmail, have some privacy leak that in the XKEYSCORE's
ages
could represent a major risk.

a) Enigmail, Thunderbird's PGP plugin, does send
"X-Enigmail-Version:"
header on ALL email sent, also the unencrypted one.

b) GnuPG, following the " -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----", does add
version
information such as " Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.19 (Darwin)" .

 An update on this issue following reports of October '13