Shoshana Zuboff begins:
> We witness the rise of a new absolute power. Google transfers its
> radical politics from cyberspace to reality. It will earn its money
> by knowing, manipulating, controlling the reality and cutting it
> into the tiniest pieces.

The exaggerated claim of "absolute power" sets a tone of hysteria,
making it hard to take the author seriously.

> Recall those fabled frogs happy in the magic pond. Playful.
> Distracted. The water temperature slowly rises, but the frogs don’t
> notice. By the time it reaches the boiling point, it’s too late ...

With this, I lose all confidence in the author.  If Google is doing
anything wrong, then (speaking for myself) I'll await a more sober
report of it.

carlo von lynX defends:
> What does it mean, when a conservative mainstream media newspaper
> sends such a dramatic message? You better should get started
> thinking about it, if you haven't already. FAZ does not play on
> alarmism, it sells newspapers for decades and doesn't need to go
> cheap.

At best, it means they goofed.  Even an invasion from Mars wouldn't
warrant such an hysterical intro.  (Sorry to disagree.)

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/